Setting Senior Care Goals: 6 Essential Healthy Habits
We all know that success in any endeavor depends on setting clear goals, and this is especially true when it comes to optimizing the health of senior care clientele.
Today’s post spotlights how our standard senior care service packages are designed to help clients meet 6 essential health goals.
Building 6 Essential Healthy Habits with Executive Care
- Keeping active. Exercise awareness is higher than its been in some time, but persistent rates of chronic hypertension, arthritis, obesity, and high blood pressure still suggest that caregivers need to make an extra effort to include appropriate amounts of exercise in their day-to-day visits.
Though many individuals prefer exercising on their own, it’s often necessary to integrate physical activity into senior care. At Executive Care, we often include walks as part of our Companionship, and will assist with exercise planning and routine adherence as needed.
Fortunately, this arrangement provides a number of benefits for the client. First, working out with a partner is always more enjoyable. Moreover, getting active in the company of a senior care provider keeps your loved one safe and injury-free.
- Quitting smoking. Smoking may provide a kind of nostalgic comfort to your client, but the health repercussions are severe. Clients who smoke are at much higher risk of cancer, stroke, and heart failure. Smoking also attacks the skin’s elasticity, which means excessive wrinkling.
There are a number of resources out there that your home care agency franchise can recommend to clients looking to quit. Moreover, our Companionship staff can provide valuable emotional support when the cravings start to kick in.
- Improving diet. In addition to moderate exercise, eating nutrient-dense foods will protect clients from many illness, such as heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and diabetes. This will improve their mood, energy levels, and quality of life, which ultimately means greater client satisfaction.
Our home care agency franchise includes meal preparation and dietary adherence services as part of numerous care packages. To date, we have had excellent results, having helped our clients shed weight, alleviates aches and pains, and get excited about healthy eating.
- Avoiding falls. As we age, we become more vulnerable to falls. Our falls also have much steeper consequences.
To help your clients avoid falls, try keeping paths clear of cords and other tripping hazards, illuminating hallways and bathrooms with night lights, and removing loose carpet or throw rugs. These services all fall under our homemaking service.
- Staying on top of immunizations and other health screenings. In addition to the annual wellness visit enjoyed by all Medicare members, clients who have just begun Medicare coverage may be entitled to a “Welcome to Medicare” visit.
As always, our home care agency franchise recommends scheduling these visits as part of your client’s normal care service. Our caretakers are happy to transport clients to appointments and accompany them as needed.
- Making an effort to be social. Staying social is essential for our mental and emotional health. Outside of visits from friends and family, it’s a good idea to motivate your clients to pursue other social activities and events. Our companionship caretakers are always happy to accompany clients to social events.
By integrating these 6 essential health goals into our day-to-day service packages, our home care agency franchise keeps clients happy and healthy, which in turn ensures our franchise owners get plenty of referrals and repeat business.
If you want to learn more about partnering with our home care agency franchise, please visit https://www.executivehomecarefranchise.com to book a free consultation.