Love Your Work: 3 Reasons To Feel Good About Starting A Home Care Agency Franchise
Starting A Home Care Agency Franchise Helps Prevent Elder Abuse
Troubling research from the National Council on Aging suggests that 1 in 10 Americans aged 60+ have experienced some form of elder abuse. A huge percentage of perpetrators are caregivers, and two thirds of cases involve the adult child or spouse.
By starting an Executive Care home care agency franchise, you make big strides in the fight against elder abuse by:
- Creating a workforce of trustworthy caregivers, each of whom undergo extensive training, screening, background checks, and ongoing monitoring
- Helping to connect family members and senior victims with local senior resources to build informal support networks
- Lifting the care burden through respite care services, reducing instances of caregiver frustration, burnout, and neglect, and much more
Starting A Home Care Agency Franchise During COVID-19 Helps Protect At-Risk Seniors
- Reduce the risk of infection among vulnerable populations. According to the CDC website, older adults and those with underlying medical conditions seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19. To stay safe, seniors are advised to shelter-in-place, practice pandemic safety measures (e.g. hand hygiene and wearing masks), and limit interpersonal contact as much as possible.
However, many seniors struggle to do so; for example, “elder orphans” with no adult children to assist with daily life may need to brave the supermarket or pharmacy on their own. Those who rely on family and friends to assist with the basic activities of daily living (e.g. dressing, bathing, and eating) also face heightened risk of “community spread,” especially since most informal care networks aren’t practicing stringent screening protocols.
By starting a home care agency franchise, you bolster your community’s safe senior care resources. With our pre-opening support, proven hiring process and training system, and stringent COVID-19 protocols in place, you can take pride in your role in reducing the risk of infection among senior populations while helping them meet daily care needs, manage medication, and enjoy a higher quality of life.
- Provide social support to seniors who social-distance. While social distancing and sheltering-in-place are essential to help slow the spread, these practices put some seniors at risk of isolation and loneliness. Researchers at the Journal of Aging and Health have linked social isolation and loneliness to a variety of diseases and negative health outcomes among the elderly, whereas social support has been shown to improve cardiovascular, neuroendocrine, and immune system health. Starting a home care agency franchise means providing essential social support to seniors in need, without ever compromising their safety.
Starting A Home Care Agency Franchise Means Supporting America’s Critical Infrastructure
Home care agency franchises are part of America’s critical infrastructure, which means we maintain business continuity even during lockdown orders because seniors around the country depend on us for their comfort, care, and quality of life. It’s a lot of responsibility, but the work is extremely rewarding, and few industries enjoy equally high and resilient demand.
Learn More About Local Home Care Agencies / Franchise Opportunities
Call 1 (855)-393-2372 or visit the Executive Care franchise website to book a free consultation with a member of our team and learn more about the Executive Advantage!
Tomaka, J., Thompson, S., & Palacios, R. (2006). The relation of social isolation, loneliness, and social support to disease outcomes among the elderly. Journal of aging and health, 18(3), 359-384.